8 photography tips for your Christmas photos
Let us make your Christmas snaps simple. Head into Sunshine Plaza where you’ll find Santa and his elves ready to take your family’s festive photos!
- 1 Nov 2023
Christmas is the perfect time for creating memories with your loved ones — and what better way to capture those moments than through the lens of a camera? Whether your kids are seasoned professionals or have never seen old mate with the beard before, we’ve come up with our top 5 tips for getting the best out of your Santa photo session.
1. Early bird gets the Santa: If you have young children, going early in the day can make a huge difference. Morning visits to Santa are often less crowded and your kids are more likely to be well-rested and in a better mood for making pictures pop!
2. Pack snacks: Let’s face it, no one likes waiting in line – especially not kids with rumbling tummies. Pack their favourite snacks to keep your little ones from getting hangry.
3. Stock up on wipes: Yes, snacks are a wonderful idea but sometimes they make a mess. Make sure you’ve packed the wipes so you can clean any leftovers from your kids' hands and faces before their big close up!
4. Bring the holiday spirit: Festive attire could be the difference between a bored kid and an excited one! Consider coordinating outfits or even going all-out with fun matching onesies, silly Christmas hats, or even those delightfully ugly holiday-themed jumpers.
5. Ease their nerves: We’ve all seen the screaming kids who are terrified of Santa. This doesn’t need to be the case for your family. Ease any anxiety by taking a walk past the Santa booth in the days leading up to your visit or reading some lovely Christmas books that reference the old guy in the suit. Your kids will see others meeting Santa and probably want to get involved with the fun and jolly experience!
Bonus Tip: Don't stress about perfection! Remember that not every Santa photo will be picture-perfect. They say never work with kids or animals — they are unpredictable. Tears and silly faces will happen, embrace the authenticity of the moment.
Make this year’s Christmas photos a total breeze — click here to book your Santa photo online.
No matter whether Santa photos are for your kind of kid or not, there’s plenty to do at Sunshine Plaza this Christmas time. So head on down and make a day of it!
Here’s what's happening:
• Santa's Arrival - 9 November, 5PM
• Santa Photos - From 9 November to Christmas Eve
• Sensitive Santa - 26 November, 3 & 10 December, 8AM to 10AM
• Pet Photography - 12 & 19 November, 7.30AM to 9.30AM and 19 November & 1 December, 6PM to 8PM.