Read here for the latest news and updates on the Sunshine Plaza redevelopment
Sunshine Plaza Grand Opening Thursday 28 March 2019!
14 February 2019
Sunshine Plaza today are excited to announce the grand opening of its $440 million redevelopment to open to the public on Thursday 28 March 2019. Since construction works commenced in September 2016, the centre has secured the region’s first David Jones and H&M stores, as well as a new Big W which will all open as part of the redevelopment.
The total expansion adds 35,000 square metres of retail space to the existing centre, and includes over 100 additional specialty stores such as MECCA, Sheike, lululemon, Seed Heritage, Endota Spa, JB Hi-Fi, Kathmandu and Baku, with many more to come.
The significant redevelopment will see Sunshine Plaza become the first super-regional* shopping centre north of Brisbane and is expected to generate 2,300 additional retail jobs for the region on completion.
“Sunshine Plaza now has some of the biggest national brands and most sought-after specialty stores, so locals no longer need to travel to Brisbane for their ideal shopping experience — everything they need, and more, is right here.” Gary Horwitz, Lendlease Managing Director of Retail.
*A super-regional shopping centre is defined by Shopping Centres Online, Property Council of Australia as:
A major shopping centre typically incorporating two full line department stores, one or more full line discount department stores, two supermarkets and approximately 250 specialty shops.
– Total gross lettable area retail exceeds 85,000 square metres.
• Number of new tenancies: 114 (44 in first stage of new mall; 70 in stage two opening)
• Total number of retailers now at Sunshine Plaza: 276
• Total number of stores post-development: 345
• Total square metres: ~107,000sqm
• Total number of parking spaces: almost 5,000
• Total investment for redevelopment works: $440 million
• Number of construction personnel onsite daily during development: 370 (as at Jan 2019)
• The high ropes adventure course will open mid-2019